Entrevista - Rapso Magazine #collazine.

 Esta es la entrevista que hice para Rapso Magazine, Italia, en junio de 2020.









Interview COLLAZINE

 

1.    How did you approach the collage technique?

I was always interested in art. I studied Art History, took Plastic Arts courses and have tried different techniques for as long as I can remember.

It was about five or six years ago, during the recovery stage of a disease when I began to intervene with photographs with thread, then I added other cuttings, materials ... it was like a therapeutic activity that over time evolved into the type of current work . Now creating collage has become a fundamental part of my day to day.

 

2.    What are the sources of inspiration that stimulate your imagination?

 

They are very varied. Sometimes my works start spontaneously, by a feeling, an exhibition, a book, a trip, a conversation, a landscape ... Other times I start from a preconceived idea or theme and there my work becomes more methodical, searching among my old magazines or books the image or piece that fits with what I want to represent.

 

3.    Three words that represent your personal artistic research.

 

Curiosity, learning, joy.

 

4.    What is the object on the desk or in your art studio that most represents you? Why?

 

Maybe an old camera that was from my father. With her he portrayed us on summer vacation or at an important celebration. It represents an artistic discipline, travel, family, memories, feelings ... many of the aspects that I consider important in my life.

 

5.    A tip for those who start experimenting with collage.

 

The most important thing is that they have fun making collage. Do not be afraid of making mistakes or of not obtaining the expected results in the first works. It is a very versatile medium so everyone must experiment and practice with different elements and ideas until they find their own style that will certainly come out.